In the engineering field, we have the term “reverse engineering”. It is the process by which an artificial object is deconstructed to reveal its designs, architecture, code, or to extract knowledge from the object.
We will try to reverse engineer the algorithm of Fiverr Search.
So, in order to make a good description of the Fiverr profile, you can do a search with the keyword in Fiverr Search Engine. here we search using keyword SEO
As you may see, the first page is populated with SEO service from established sellers, especially the first one which comes from Fiverr Pro. (By the way, the results are changing each time a hit search, but they have some pattern)
So, we can assume that Fiverr favors the established seller.
- Fiverr Pro will be favored.
- A seller with high ratings and feedback will be favored.
Here are the position 3rd and 4th.
We can see that the 3rd have less rating than the 4th, but there is no “SEO” keyword in the 4th, maybe that’s why 3rd is better. So, next, we have
- Include your keyword in the title.
Next, this is the result 21st – 24th.
From 21st to 24th, we can see that the seller’s feedback is not really high.
- If you don’t have high feedback, you can expect to be placed in number 21 or above.
- The rising talent is favored in this section.
- 25th and above are again high feedback users.
So, rising talent is good for you. Here FAQ about the “Rising Talent” badge.
So, here is some advice for the description.
- Try to get high ratings and feedback. You may need to advertise yourself on your own website.
- Try to learn from the description of the top-ranked seller. Look at their profile description, their gig description.
- Try to get a rising talent badge. It seems you can get it if you complete the order in the specific time frame, e.g 3 weeks and you got order 10 with a 5-star rating.
Here are some of my advice as a buyer about choosing the seller.
- Explain what your gig is. What you will deliver. What are the expected result will the buyer get, etc.
- Give detailed variation. Using numbering is better, so buyers can compare each variation.
- Use a good picture but with a good explanation. I mean good design is good, it will catch the buyer’s attention, but you have to give an explanation about your service, such as graphic results after using your service gig.
- Using a professional profile picture will add to your credibility. Look at the top seller photos.
In case the reader of this answer need to research more about SEO, you may consider reading my blog post related to SEO at
- 14 Strategies to Get Quality Backlinks
- 9 Powerful Steps Site Audit & FAQ
- How To Do Keyword Research + 20++ FAQ
SEO is one of the hot niches in Fiverr and it is very competitive. Good luck.